Friday, September 11, 2009

Entry One.

Pin It
Hello Fellow Readers,

Greatings! My name is Lauren (often and fondly called Geeb) and I am starting this blog to keep track of the volumes I read. I have been an avid reader since I was a small child and it has gotten to a point that I can't remember what books I have read, what books I want to read, and what books I have tried to read and just couldn't stomach past page 3. This will just help me out a bit and hopefully inspire others to read some books I have loved in the past (and hopefully discuss them with me as well? Maybe? Hopefully? Hint hint?). I average about 2 or 3 books a month so I am planning on blogging as I finish each book, and then adding in some of my all time faves that I have read in the past to beef up the content of my blog pages. Enjoy!


Some things you need to know about me:


1...I love reading hisorical fiction - if it happened in the past and someone wrote a novel about it I usually love it. From biblical times to WWII erra I am a sucker for any well writen book about the past.


2...I am a terrible speller. So terrible in fact that sometimes SpellCheck can't even help me. So just bear with me and if you see a mis-spelling don't judge.


3...I am married to my best friend and the man of my dreams- they are the same person if you were wondering. His name is Brendan.

4...I have a little boy that will be referred to on this blog as The Nugget.  He is obviously my pride and joy and much to my delight he is a book-o-holic too!  He is only a year old and we read all day long, he just brings me one book after another and backs up into my lap.  His favorite book is The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carl.  We have read this book about one million and ten times but I made a promise that I would NEVER EVER say no if he wanted me to read to him {even if that means I have to read about how many strawberries the freaking caterpillar ate... again}.  So The Very Hungry Caterpillar take one million and eleven here we go.....

5...I own my own business. It is a bridal boutique called The Couture Closet. I am not sure why this is important to my blog but I am sure it will come up at sometime or another.


6...In addition to this blog I am the author of 3 others (I am a bit of a blog-aholic). One is about my business  another is about my family, and the last is about style.


7...I have a dog named Martini and I am kinda stupid in love with her so I refer to her often. I am told this is an annoying habit so I apoligize in advance.

My Other Blogs:
Couture Closet (co-author with my business partner)
Montgomery KY (co-author with my hubby)

No comments:

Post a Comment